The Utah State Aggies (7-2, 4-1 MWC) fight to keep their four-game winning streak intact in matchup with the San Jose State Spartans (5-5, 3-3 MWC). The Spartans, listed at on the spread, serve as host on November 13, 2021 at 10:30 PM ET against the Aggies, +152 on the moneyline to win. The over/under for the matchup is set at points.
Before placing a bet on this game, read this article where we surface the best available odds and dig into everything you need to know about the matchup — including key metrics, stats, trends and more.
This article refers to lines current as of November 13, 2021 at 10:02 PM ET. Find all the latest odds for this outing in the table below and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
San Jose State Vs. Utah State Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
San Jose State Offense Vs. Utah State Defense
|Spartans Offense||Stats (Rank)||Aggies Defense|
|21.4 (113)||Points/Gm||27.2 (73)|
|360.1 (91)||Yards/Gm||387.9 (76)|
|223.6 (70)||Pass Yards/Gm||247.8 (100)|
|136.5 (91)||Rush Yards/Gm||140.1 (58)|
|6.9 (90)||Yards/Pass||7.9 (95)|
|4.6 (49)||Yards/Rush||4.3 (79)|
|35.8% (96)||3rd Down %||42.9% (99)|
|16 (126)||Turnovers||7 (89)|
|13 (110)||Sacks||5 (99)|
Utah State Offense Vs. San Jose State Defense
|Utah State Offense||Stats (Rank)||San Jose State Defense|
|31.8 (42)||Points/Gm||23.0 (48)|
|418.1 (50)||Yards/Gm||355.8 (54)|
|279.6 (20)||Pass Yards/Gm||222.2 (57)|
|138.6 (85)||Rush Yards/Gm||133.6 (50)|
|8.5 (30)||Yards/Pass||6.6 (26)|
|3.7 (93)||Yards/Rush||3.5 (24)|
|45.5% (26)||3rd Down %||38.4% (59)|
|11 (86)||Turnovers||7 (89)|
|5 (30)||Sacks||13 (16)|
When San Jose State Has The Ball
- The Aggies have the 73rd-ranked scoring defense (27.2 points per game). The Spartans’ 113th-ranked scoring offense averages 21.4 points per game.
- San Jose State ranks 126th in college football, committing 16 turnovers this season, while Utah State is 89th with seven turnovers forced.
- The Spartans’ 136.5 rushing yards per game is good for 91st in the FBS. The Aggies’ defense allows 140.1 on the ground (58th in college football).
- Utah State allows 4.3 yards per rushing attempt (79th in the FBS). San Jose State is 49th in rushing, averaging 4.6 per carry.
When Utah State Has The Ball
- The Aggies rank 93rd in the FBS averaging 3.7 yards per carry. The Spartans allow 3.5 per rushing attempt (24th in college football).
- Utah State averages 279.6 passing yards per game (20th in the FBS) compared to the 222.2 per game San Jose State gives up (57th in college football).
- The Aggies have the 85th-ranked rushing offense in the FBS (138.6 yards per game). They take on the Spartans’ 50th-ranked rushing defense, which gives up 133.6 on the ground per game.
- Utah State converts 45.5% of its third downs (26th in college football), while San Jose State’s defense ranks 59th in that category (38.4%)
San Jose State Betting Trends And Insights
- San Jose State has won five games against the spread this season, while failing to cover five times.
- The Spartans have been favored by 4.5 points or more four times this season, and covered the spread in two of those matchups.
- A total of five out of San Jose State’s 10 games this season have gone over the point total.
- San Jose State and its opponents have scored a combined total of more than 57.5 points twice this season (in 10 games).
- The Spartans have been listed as the moneyline favorite a total of five times this season, and they’ve won each of those games.
Utah State Betting Trends And Insights
- Utah State has won six games against the spread this year, while failing to cover three times.
- The Aggies have covered the spread twice this year (2-2 ATS) when playing as at least 4.5-point underdogs.
- In Utah State’s nine chances this season, the combined scoring has gone over the point total three times.
- Utah State’s games this season have had a combined scoring total higher than 57.5 points in three of nine outings.
- This season, the Aggies have been the underdog five times and won three of those games.
San Jose State Players To Watch
- Nick Starkel leads his team with 1,012 passing yards (253.0 per game) and has a 52.8% completion percentage (67-of-127), throwing seven touchdown passes and five interceptions.
- Tyler Nevens has rushed for a team-leading 698 yards on 144 carries (77.6 yards per game) while scoring six touchdowns.
- So far this year Nick Nash has run for 350 yards on 56 carries (50.0 ypg), with two rushing touchdowns.
- Derrick Deese has racked up 41 receptions for 670 yards, best on his team, and four touchdowns. He averages 74.4 receiving yards per game.
- Isaiah Hamilton has also chipped in with 21 catches for 310 yards and one touchdown this year. He averages 38.8 receiving yards per game.
- Jermaine Braddock has collected 291 yards on 17 receptions with one touchdown, averaging 58.2 yards per game.
Utah State Players To Watch
- This year, Logan Bonner has recorded 1,717 passing yards (245.3 yards per game) while connecting on 113 of 191 passes (59.2% completion percentage), with 15 touchdowns and six interceptions.
- Elelyon Noa has run for a team-high 375 yards on 85 carries (62.5 yards per game) and two touchdowns.
- Calvin Tyler Jr. has 240 yards on 54 carries (48.0 ypg), with one rushing touchdown.
- Deven Thompkins has reeled in 51 passes for a team-high 965 yards while scoring four touchdowns. He averages 137.9 yards per game.
- Derek Wright has also added 19 receptions for 335 yards and six touchdowns.
- Brandon Bowling has racked up 310 yards on 21 receptions with two touchdowns, averaging 44.3 yards per game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from
The post San Jose State Vs. Utah State: College Football Betting Lines, Odds and Trends – November 13, 2021 appeared first on The Lines.
This content was originally published here.